Thursday, February 01, 2007

Meetings Meetings Meetings

So, yesterday was kind of a low point for me, b/c i came to school b/c we had a staff meeting and realized I have no real job here yet. It kind of sucks. Also, it is hard not being near to people who you can be close to. It was easier in Okahanja b/c everyone was going through the same thign so we all needed to hang out, but here everyone else has a life, so while I have made friends, its still a bit lonely. I did go over to a friends house Tuesday to watch the season finale of Paloma When you are mine, aka the namibian national obbession... she was totally into it... it was interesting in the same way a good bollywood movie is... aka bollywood could be huge here and they need to bring it here to make money except there are not really movie theaters that i know of in the north. Well apparently there used to be one in ondangwa, but now its gone. Anyways, back to the job, But i do have a job at the community center and we met the regional councilor today and apparently some of our income generating projects are possible except he didn't really give us concrete details. Hopefully that will work itself out...i mean he wont mind us bugging him b/c we definitely will! The school is even willing to share a soccer field with the community so that is also excellent. Today I have more of a job, b/c i have to write some letters and convince people to donate some stuff. Apparently ppl at the school are already doing this (asking people to donate)... another reason why I feel superfluous here, but who knows. The resources are here, whether they would be used or not I dont know. I hope so! So I totally didn't realize that my blog is amusing... or that people are reading it, so thats exciting. since people are will post more regularly!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ami- hey there. I was checking out Nam25 blogs tonight and saw Jason added a link to Nam26 blogs. I'm so glad I found you as I can't find my email list. This is Sara, who ET'd. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Colorado is covered in snow and there are days I almost wish I had stayed in Namibia, but then I remember all the reasons I came home. Email me some time, I would love to catch up with you.

saras.sojourns at blogspot.com

Sara said...

okay, I'm silly, it's saras.sojourns at gmail.com :)