Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tandi Kunu omakunde

So basically, yesterday, i started working on this Peer Health Education program... it is kind of a lot of work? I also met the OVC coordinator from the primary school near by which was cool, b/c he told me that they needed help. Ahh, then again this is what everyone says, but with what, is still pretty amibiguous. He did talk about Windows of Hope, so my UNICEF obbsession will be allowed to continue, yess! Anyways, after a day of accomplishing nothing conclusive I still went home exhausted for some reason, and decided to take a nap until my host sister, Donnacky knocked on my door and asked me if i wanted to sow beans. Unsure of what this meant, but having little else to do, i decided to check it out... basically what she meant was digging a little hole with your bare feet and throwing two beans in. It was cool yesterday so it actually turned out to be a lot of fun, and was also great because it reminded me of why I wanted to be in a more rural area at the end of the day. I also sort of bonded with my sisters and learned how to say... my family loves me b/c i sowed beans today in oshiwambo. YESS. On my way to fluency. Just kidding... but really I am working on it. I am starting to love the greeting stuff b/c it makes people really feel like i know what i'm doing. Anyways, after that I was going to cook dinner, but realized I was seriously craving mahangu and whatever they were cooking (fish!) and ate with my family... i dunno whats happening to me, but i even liked the sandy texture. Although, I have to admit, i loved the way they cooked meat from the beginning b/c they make it spicy. It was just the oshithima, which is the mahangu porridge which I had to get used to... guess i'm there. Allright, lets see who will actually read this blog so often now that I have regular internet access! Haha...

ps. took a shower outside and discovered that we actually have hot water! Oh my god... it kind of cancels out the pit latrine. Which i still avoid like the plague, but still.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ami when i read the bit about sowing beans and throwing 2 beans in it made me laugh for 5 minutes straight haha...