Monday, January 29, 2007

YESSSSSSSSSS!

Oh my god, I am so excited, I am going to be working with the Legal Assistance Centre's Aids Law Unit... It will be awesome! They sent me an agreement and everything and they're gonna pick me up and take me to Ongwediva to meet the lawyers... so so excited. I will mostly be doing awareness programs and client outreach and intake. Basically what I would have been doing for the Washington Lawyer's Committee except for HIV/AIDS. I was really determined to work with them so this is like the highlight of my life. So I spent the whole weekend here this weekend. I know why PC volunteers don't lose weight now. I cooked everything. I made lasagna, chicken, saag something and parathas, brownies for Helenas birthday, potatoes, bread. And I ate cucumbers. besides that my weekend was pretty boring. I hung out with maria, who is one of Jennifer, the old PCV's friends. She is really cool, but unfortunately is pregnant, so we really can't do much. But i brought her some lasagna and she liked it... ok yes, i live a really boring life. but... besides that... Work is picking up, we're having a youth needs assesment meeting tommorow, plus we should have a cluster (group of 6 schools) meeting on thursday, so I will start having things to do, b/c I am supposed to work with OVCs from the cluster (Orphans and Vulnerable Children). Really I am just wondering when the staff meeting for the school I am at will be. Who knows? guess I will find out! Allright... thats all for today... probably for a while unless the youth meeting is particularly eventful

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratulations!! that is great you finally got what you were hoping for! when'd you become such a gourmand? ohh yesterday we were in the mountains in calgary and in the gift shop they had namibian money, it was blue and on the back it had a picture of this guy with a straw hat on it...